General Cleaning Advice
1. Washing your bag by hand is the safest method for thoroughly cleaning it.
2. If you prefer to machine wash, you should insert your bag in a pillowcase and tightly knot the case closed. This will protect your bag during the wash cycle. Use the gentle and cold settings on your machine.
3. Lay flat to dry. Never machine dry, PLEASE!
Spot Cleaning/Stain Removal
1. Empty your bag before you start cleaning.
2. Use a soft cloth to carefully wipe away excess dirt or to blot stains. Avoid using anything abrasive on your bag.
3. *Wet a clean soft cloth with warm water and gently wipe the area. You can add a small amount of gentle soap to the cloth to help remove the stain, but test it in an inconspicuous area first. (No harsh laundry detergents, no products containing bleach, and no strong hand soaps, please.)
4. Then blot or wipe the area with another clean damp cloth to remove any remaining soap or residue.
5. Allow your bag to air dry. Do NOT apply any type of heat to speed up the drying process. Let it dry on its own.
Cork leather is water resistant and stain resistant so it’s likely that your bag will stay relatively clean. However, if you find that you do need to clean it, here’s a few things to remember.
1. Cork can be spotted cleaned or washed in cold water.
2. Use a mild soap and rub gently. Abrasive or strong cleaners can damage the cork so be careful.
3. Once clean, rinse completely.
4. Lay your bag flat and allow it air dry.
Help maintain your bag’s shape by stuffing it. Use shopping bags or old gift wrap to gently stuff your handbags. Keep your bag looking new AND recycle too!
Protect your bag from dust, dirt, and snags. Use a soft breathable cover that closes like our drawstring covers available in 2 sizes. They’re perfect for storing your handbags.